Thursday, October 13, 2011

Roasted Sweet Potatoes with New York State Maple Syrup and Rosemary Recipe



I had some free time before I had a freelance photography event I had to cover so I thought hey, why don't I head to my favorite produce stand up the road!  I bought a whole case of yams for only 3 bucks.  I really don't know what I am going to do with all these sweet potatoes, so if you are curious why the next few weeks there are so many yam recipes on here, it now should make sense.  Once starting to bake, the syrup starts to caramelize, which further enhances the sweet, earthy flavor of the roasted veggies and intensifies the rosemary.  Am I painting an aromatic dining experience yet?   

5 large sweet potatoes, cubed
2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary
Salt and Ground Pepper to Taste

1.  Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.  Spread the sweet potatoes in an even layer on a baking sheet.  Drizzle olive oil and maple syrup on top.  Sprinkle the dried rosemary.  Mix so that everything is incorporated.  

2.  Place into the oven for about 30 minutes or until tender.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...