Friday, September 2, 2011

Double Berry Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwich Recipe



Get your Labor Day on!  This is a deliciously sweet, mildly fruity barbeque sauce that is balanced out with a jaleopeno kick to it!  This grilling season you are going to want to slather all your meat in it!  I like it because it helps me to empty out all the leftover sauces and jams in my fridge, that I feel guilty tossing since there isn't a whole lot left.  Top with my No Mayo 5 Ingredient Coleslaw for a crunch!  It's super easy to make and the ginger in it pairs lovely with this sauce.  
  
1/3 cup cup of blackberry jam
1/3 cup of strawberry jam
1 cup of barbecue sauce (I used 2/3 cup of Famous Dave's and then used up whatever else was in the fridge)
2 teaspoons of season all
2 tablespoons of Worcestshire sauce
2 jaleponos, minced finely
1 yellow onion, diced
3 large, skinless boneless chicken breasts
Hamburger buns


1.  Mix all the ingredients together, besides the chicken in a bowl, until well combined.  In a slow cooker add the chicken and pour sauce over it.  Cover and cook 3-4 hours on high.  Shred chicken with a fork and serve with my No Mayo 5 Ingredient Coleslaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...